The Central Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition was established in March 2006 as a means of bringing together those who believe in breastfeeding, so that we can be more effective in our efforts. We are comprised of advocates from the counties of Anoka, Benton, Mille Lacs, Stearns, Wright, and Sherburne.
If you are interested in improving the health of mothers and children through your support of breastfeeding please consider joining our coalition or attending a meeting by contacting us at 763-765-4000.
The mission of the Central Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition is to promote, support and protect breastfeeding through education, outreach and collaboration within our community.
That the benefits of breastfeeding will be available to all in Central Minnesota through education, support and collaborative efforts.
- To be determined by on-going community needs assessment.
- To develop collaboration between WIC, Public Health, clinics, hospitals and other community partners.
- To offer breastfeeding conferences/trainings/speakers as able at various locations.
- To continue coordinating breastfeeding education resources and information.
- Developed and administered survey to heath care providers regarding breastfeeding environment/practices-2006-2007
- Placed 2 billboards in the community-2007 and 2008
- Developed resource list-2008
- Developed logo (donated by Think Creative Advertising in St. Cloud)--2008
- Distributed resources to health care providers-2008
- Met with local health care professionals from clinics/hospitals- 2009-2010
- Developed website-- 2010
- Researched education opportunities for health care professionals and posted on website-2011
- Explored breastfeeding apps and added to website-2014